ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Organize objects as liquid/cloud entity

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomek DyszkiewiczOrganize objects as liquid/cloud entity
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 7:18:08 pm
Last Edited By Tomek Dyszkiewicz on Sep 29, 2015 at 7:18:38 pm

Hi, I have a set of Lights connected to Nulls to control their position easier. I would like to organise my objects to behave as cloud or liquid set in void if you know what I mean. Please advise.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Organize objects as liquid/cloud entity
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:03:26 pm

Could you clarify what you are looking to do? I can't quite picture what you described.

Return to posts index

Tomek DyszkiewiczRe: Organize objects as liquid/cloud entity
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:10:17 pm

Sorry for primitive description.

I have a set of Lights, consider them a swarm of points that create a cloud or liquid hovering in void. How to animate them (this set of Lights or any other objects/layers) to make them look "organic" as entity. I am talking about 3d space of course.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Organize objects as liquid/cloud entity
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:21:37 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:31:19 pm

The lights in After Effects are not visible to AE cameras. The cameras only see their light falling on other layers. To see the lights themselves you would need Trapcode Lux.

I can think of many ways for things to move organically. A swarm of bees moves organically. Cows in a pasture move organically. Tropical fish in a tank move organically. A flock of birds moves organically. They all move differently.

Can you pinpoint the type of motion you want these lights to have?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tomek DyszkiewiczRe: Organize objects as liquid/cloud entity
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:23:39 am

Dave, as mentioned above I am interested in getting the cloud or liquid set in void organic move.
I know lights are not visible to camera but in my case the work as particle emitters.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Organize objects as liquid/cloud entity
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 1:02:08 pm

Two ideas for your consideration:

I would create a master null that all the other nulls are parented to, give it a some slow wobble (with wiggle expression), then construct some sort of a 3D sine wave motion that moves the nulls based on their x, y, and z positions. The three (or more) sine waves would themselves travel along the axes in time.

Alternately, and an easier approach, if you are doing this in Particular, you could use the built-in animated fractal offset for the main particles to make them appear to be floating in liquid and have the main particles output particles with the Auxiliary Particle System (unless you're already planning on using both).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]