ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Repeating animated backgrounds/objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan TorrenceRepeating animated backgrounds/objects
by on Sep 27, 2015 at 12:46:32 am
Last Edited By Evan Torrence on Sep 27, 2015 at 12:47:12 am

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to have a moving object repeat itself on a loop, for instance, having a star that moves across the composition on a loop.

For repeating an individual object that I want to start in the beginning of the animation, I have the object in the middle of the comp, then drag its position out of frame. i then copy the object, move the copy to the outside of the other end of the frame, and try and match up the position keyframes so that copy is in the same position at the end as the original was in the beginning.

similarly, for repeating patterns/backgrounds, i've been copying the image, dragging its position out of frame so its lined up with original, and then copying the position keyframes so as the original goes out of frame, the copy takes its place. it creates a SORT of seamless loop.

anyway, both of these methods "work" although not as well as i'd like as it takes a lot of manual fine tuning. is there a way to automate this kind of stuff in After Effects or an easier way that I just don't know about? thanks!

PS i should mention i've watched a lot of tutorials on this kind of thing and none of them seem to address my question directly.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: peating animated backgrounds/objects
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 1:57:21 pm

Check out the Offset effect. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved