ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE rendering issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kendra DiazAE rendering issue
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 2:37:34 pm

Hi all,

I am having trouble with the final rendering of an after effects video. Its a kinetic typography type of video, so it's all animations and no real footage is being used. There is only one part of the video that is messing up. The group of text is coming into the screen at a lower opacity and jumps when doing the next transition.

For this one particular part, I am using a camera, a precomposed group of text, and there are 2 alpha mattes being used for the transition. I've cleared my cache in AE. I am wondering if the alpha mattes have anything to do with what is happening.

The strange thing is that there are other pieces in this one composition that have similar effects as the one part that is messing up. I can't understand why the other pieces aren't messing up as well.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE rendering issue
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 3:51:37 pm

I'd double-check the offending layers for errant, inadvertantly-placed keyframes. Highlight the layer and hit the u key to reveal animated properties. If these layers are parented to another layer, check it as well.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kendra DiazRe: AE rendering issue
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:08:47 pm

Thanks Dave,

I checked all of the key frames and there is nothing extra happening. I also checked the parenting layers and nothing is linked for this section.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: AE rendering issue
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:11:23 pm

maybe the infamous boomerang keyframes needs to be changed to hold keyframes?

Return to posts index

Kendra DiazRe: AE rendering issue
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 4:17:26 pm

Thanks Chris,

The only keyframes that are active during this time is my Camera positioning. The camera is zooming out, revealing the text. However, the text is coming in very faded back. It looks like the opacity is set to 25% or something but all opacity keyframes are at 100%.

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: AE rendering issue
by on Sep 23, 2015 at 10:43:39 am

Any lights in the scene?
Material settings?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved