ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is the best way to take a SGI image sequence in AE and import it into Premiere for editing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Wilson
What is the best way to take a SGI image sequence in AE and import it into Premiere for editing?
on Sep 21, 2015 at 9:10:05 pm

Hello!

I'm working on an animated short and my animator gives me image sequences in the form of SGI files. How might I bring them into premiere (which doesn't support SGI) so I may work with them?

Return to posts index

Bob Wilson
Re: What is the best way to take a SGI image sequence in AE and import it into Premiere for editing?
on Sep 22, 2015 at 11:19:13 pm

no one? :/

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: What is the best way to take a SGI image sequence in AE and import it into Premiere for editing?
on Sep 23, 2015 at 2:30:53 pm

I don't know what the "best" way is, but you would import the image sequence (as footage) and export it (as footage) in a format that Premiere can import. The best file format depends on what you are doing with it. I'd go with the same format as the rest of the files in the project, or one that doesn't reduce quality, uncompressed AVI or MOV for instance. I guess it is mostly a question of delivery requirements.

Return to posts index

Bob Wilson
on Sep 25, 2015 at 6:39:45 pm

Thank you for replying! I'm still pretty new to all this. What format would you recommend for keeping the video raw an uncompressed but with the 32 bit color space (srgb or HDTV) intact?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 27, 2015 at 9:18:58 am

I would go with Quicktime, Codec: Animation, Quality: 100.
RGBA is 32-bit (which is the total number of bits, not the number of bits per channel.)

For 32 bits per channel, you can only output to image sequences, but Premiere wont import 32 bits per channel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]