ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Memory Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luc TrombiniMemory Issue
by on Sep 19, 2015 at 5:06:49 pm

Hello !

I've been having an issue with After Effects & Premiere for a few months.
Lately while working in AE my computer is running out of memory and telling me to shut down the software, or having it freeze. I then have to restart the program to be able to work. This happens both in Premiere & After Effects, it's even worse when both are running.

I've tried formatting my computer but it didn't change anything (Computer needed a format anyway, so I thought it might fix that problem as well.) The strange thing is that this problem never hit me before, even though I had WAY heavier projects running on this exact same computer (16gb RAM, i7, 2gb video card).

If you guys have any idea of what could resolve this problem, you would save my day!
Thank you for reading.

Best,
Luc.

Return to posts index

Marc WalkerRe: Memory Issue
by on Sep 19, 2015 at 5:10:53 pm

I suggest you post the exact warning message you get.

Return to posts index

Luc TrombiniRe: Memory Issue
by on Sep 19, 2015 at 5:24:45 pm

Will do ASAP, and give a translation from it as i'm running a french version.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2015 at 5:32:20 pm

So, actually this is an error coming from Windows. It was coming on Win8 and on Win10 it's still the same popping up.
http://imgur.com/dxY4Fua

Basically it says "Close these programmes to avoid losing data. You ran out of memory, save your files and close these programs : adobe after effects CC 2014".

Return to posts index

Marc WalkerRe: Memory Issue
by on Sep 19, 2015 at 8:39:24 pm

I think this is a problem with windows and possibly your graphics card, not AE. So I think you should try posting it in a windows forum.

Try activating page file for a temporary fix. You should check in the resources monitor, to see how much memory AE is actually using, and if any other programs are using a lot of memory.

You should also do a malware and virus scan, just incase.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2015 at 9:51:50 pm

Alright! Thank you, i'll try that :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]