ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Gray scale person filled up with color suggestions/tutorial?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R.j. BattsGray scale person filled up with color suggestions/tutorial?
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 5:00:36 pm

I'm trying to do a psa about healthier choices and basically a gray scale kid steps out side and his first step makes his feet gain some color. he takes more and more steps in which the color organically crawls up him filling him with color and removing the gray scale from him. now I have pretty much no clue how to do that does anyone have ideas/ suggestions for this? or maybe a tutorial? cause I'm completely lost.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Gray scale person filled up with color suggestions/tutorial?
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 5:15:34 pm

This isn't exactly easy for a newbie:

Duplicate the layer and Isolate the subject from the background using Rotobrush (you MUST read up on how it works -- it's not intuitive) -- then use the Hue & Saturation effect to turn the subject B&W, then animate a mask on a solid to use as track matte to reveal the colored subject. If you've never done something like this, shoot some test video & try it out.

OR... even better, shoot the subject on a chroma key background separate from the background. Plan out how you'd shoot both subject & background. Use good chroma key lighting techniques. Use a good camera to shoot. Then you can just pull a key without having to resort to Rotobrush.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]