ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Editing a layer in photoshop, re-loading it in after effects, everything moved!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofia AnastassiouEditing a layer in photoshop, re-loading it in after effects, everything moved!
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 8:03:14 pm

Hi,

I have been working on an animation in After effects, using a file I made in photoshop where I put everything on different layers. I was animating a ship in a storm, roating the ship a few degrees clockwise and anticlockwise, when i realized the ship layer had some white background outside of the screen space which ended up showing up in the corners when the ship was rotating. So i went back into photoshop to delete that strip of white, but since the white was out of the photoshop canvas (the reason I didnt delete it in the firstplace)I moved the ship in the middle of the canvas, deleted the white space, and reloaded the footage in after effects only to realize that by doing that I messed up my whole animation.

I understand that this probably happened because the size of the image of the ship changed (since before it was accounting for things outside the canvas too) but that layer had 15 other layers parented to it moving around doing their own thing, so now everything is out of place.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Editing a layer in photoshop, re-loading it in after effects, everything moved!
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 2:48:23 am

I'm sorry to say this, but you'll have to un-parent all the affected layers, re-position them and re-parent them.
As you suspected, changing that big ship layer created big problems.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]