ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Freeze During Ram Preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armand RusinovAfter Effects Freeze During Ram Preview
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 8:23:15 pm

Hello, I am having a mysterious series of crashes/Freezes on After Effects during ram preview. What happens is that whenever I press "0" for ram preview my After Effects freezes mid animation. This is coupled with the total lack of sound during some ram previews. This mostly happens on half resolution, haven't encountered the problem during quarter resolution previews. The no sound issue (which happens on all resolutions) appears to be part of the same problem as it started happening at the same time; after a MotherBoard & CPU replacement. On a side note, if I'm playing a video on YouTube, and running After Effects at the same time, sometimes After Effects will crash HTML5 and I have to reload the page to continue watching the video, or sometimes After Effects will have no sound if a video is playing, but it's not always the case, although all these issues appear to be connected somehow as it appears to be a battle for resources. I already re-installed AE, uninstalled, then installed back again, all drivers are up to date, I'm using the latest patch, I have no idea what's wrong with this thing.

Adobe After Effects CS3
CPU: AMD FX-8350
MB: 990FXA-UD5
Graphics: ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800
RAM: 24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Freeze During Ram Preview
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 6:43:18 am

You're trying to use an application (After Effects CS3) on an operating system (Windows 7) that didn't exist when the application was created, tested, and released. That is typically a scenario in which problems will arise.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Armand RusinovRe: After Effects Freeze During Ram Preview
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 7:58:20 pm

Well, for now that's all I've got. Until I can afford a newer version or the latest. It was running just fine before this software/hardware upgrade.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved