ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Spinning 3d Logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael MausSpinning 3d Logo
by on Sep 5, 2015 at 2:44:49 am

This is only my second AE project so thank you in advance for the assistance.

I am trying to take an image of a 2d logo and make it a spinning 3d shape.

I have a logo that is in a vector format. I import it into a new comp, right click and select create shape from vector image, give it the extrusion settings I like and start to animate it around the Y axis.

My issue is that when the shape gets around to the backside, the image is all black. I would like for the image that is on the front to also appear on the back.

I figure I could do a second vector image that starts at the 180 degree and have the two shape revolve around the same axis, but this seems like sloppy work to me and I am sure there is probably a better or easier way of doing this.

Bonus questions: The logo is of a jaguar. I would like to make the eye and his spots extrude further out than the base body... what would be the best way of accomplishing this? Ive tried to play with the Layer > Auto-Trace figuring this would allow me to select separate shapes and set the extrusion to different levels, but im research and playing around has not gotten me very far on this step.
I was originally expecting to be able to just create a new layer from the auto-trace and do the 3d rotation of the logo that way, but dont know if it can be done or if im just not doing it correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved