ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Multiple layers invisable

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott CrowleyMultiple layers invisable
by on Aug 28, 2015 at 1:31:34 am

I'm working on creating a basic slideshow so I have pictures animating in and out. There are around 300 pictures and now that i've completed the animation i've started to place masks on them one by one to feather the edges. As I was working my way through the pictures something odd has happened. I can no longer see the layer on the timeline. The layer name is there it appears in the composition window, and you can see the key frames. but i can't see the clip length or move it. Any idea's?

I'm currently running Adobe After Effects CS6 on an iMac running OS X 10.9.5

I've attached a screen shot of the layer above that's visible and the ones below that have disappeared.

Any help on this would appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Multiple layers invisable
by on Aug 28, 2015 at 8:28:01 am

Zoom out in the timeline so you can see the whole length of the composition. Does the image exist at that point in time?

Return to posts index

Scott CrowleyRe: Multiple layers invisable
by on Aug 28, 2015 at 4:10:08 pm

Hi Kalle,

Thanks for the response. While zooming out and looking did not solve the problem I did figure it out. As I was adding masks to the pictures one by one I left all of the properties open as so.

I guess is may be a memory thing, but once I started hiding the properties more of the layer started to become visible.

Thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved