ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adding Fake poster in POST

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrean MangiardiAdding Fake poster in POST
by on Aug 24, 2015 at 7:39:26 pm

I'm seeking the best VFX approach to add a fake poster in the subway car.

During the shoot, there was a green poster along with some tracking green tape to help with the motion tracking in order to add in the fake poster. The camera pan left and right as well as moving forward and backward.

My approach is to use the motion tracking and select the position and rotation. Along with that, I applied the mesh wrap FX and drop the number of rows and columns to 1 just to control these corner points.

The tricky part is sometimes the camera moved into the subject where I only see half bottom of the poster and I am unable to position the top corner points. I would have to do it by eyes.

My question to any VFX artists is what is the best approach in order to successfully add in the fake poster as if its in the subway car?

Much Thanks,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adding Fake poster in POST
by on Aug 24, 2015 at 8:21:22 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 24, 2015 at 10:54:20 pm

I'd use a combination of Mocha and Rotobrush: Mocha to track the green stuff, and Rotobrush to add the tops of heads and extremities back into the shot. I've got five whole American dollars that say heads and hands move and block parts of the poster.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Adding Fake poster in POST
by on Aug 25, 2015 at 7:45:07 am

Exporting Mocha corner pin to AE would do it well. Mocha doesn't have problem if the target goes partially out of frame.

You might be able to use Keylight to mask anything that goes in front of the poster, if that happens. The two greens (poster and the crosses) are quite different in color, so two instances of Keylight may be needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved