ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problem with visibility of (Illustrator) layers in certain positions.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fons Martensproblem with visibility of (Illustrator) layers in certain positions.
by on Aug 23, 2015 at 1:40:27 pm

I've been experiencing a problem with the visibility of certain layers in a comp.
In the gif provided below you can see I have imported an 8 layered Illustrator file into a comp. Strangely though layers 1, 2 and 8 are not showing up.
The second thing shown in the gif is that if I double click on one of these malfunctioning layers it DOES show the correct image inside.
The last thing shown in the gif is the fact that slightly adjusting the position of the image (in this case with the arrow keys) makes it show up again.

Worth mentioning is that these layers worked fine last time I saved the file. But when reopening this project this problem occured.
What am I doing wrong here?

(Sorry for the fast playback in the gif and let me know if you need more information...)

Thank you for your time and attention.

Fons

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: problem with visibility of (Illustrator) layers in certain positions.
by on Aug 24, 2015 at 8:56:31 am

Tried purging all memory and disc cache?

Return to posts index

Fons MartensRe: problem with visibility of (Illustrator) layers in certain positions.
by on Aug 24, 2015 at 9:01:20 am

Thank you for your reply!
I've been waiting for this post to get approved in order to say I made a rookie error... I did not close and reopen AE. Because it was fixed right after.
It does still happen now and then though so I will try your suggestion.
Should I delete this post since its sort of a non-issue?

Thanks for the help.
Fons

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: problem with visibility of (Illustrator) layers in certain positions.
by on Aug 24, 2015 at 9:51:33 am

No probs. I would keep the post: Purging all memory or closing and opening the program, as well as restarting the computer are good handlings for quite a number of mysterious issues :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]