ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Element 3D Aliasing issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trung NguyenElement 3D Aliasing issue
by on Aug 23, 2015 at 6:32:20 am

I'm having annoying aliasing with Element 3D. At the default render setting in E3D, the AE preview and render appear to be more aliasing than the E3D preview. Anyone experienced this before? Comp's preview setting is at full res and no fast draft as you can see in the images.

P/S: I've contacted VideoCopilot support but they say this is because of my VGA,which is not making any sense, if it's about my VGA cant handle E3D, why the plugin's preview look so clean?

Return to posts index

Engin OsmanovskiRe: Element 3D Aliasing issue
by on Aug 23, 2015 at 5:36:25 pm
Last Edited By Engin Osmanovski on Aug 23, 2015 at 5:38:07 pm

This is weird. Did u try to use Supersampling and Enhanced Multisampling? And is your e3d layer's quality switch set to Best? Also can you maximize the composition panel and look again? May be one of those help.

Return to posts index

Trung NguyenRe: Element 3D Aliasing issue
by on Aug 23, 2015 at 7:55:28 pm
Last Edited By Trung Nguyen on Aug 23, 2015 at 8:00:51 pm

If i turn on Supersampling and Enhanced Multisampling, the result seem too be better, but it slow things down alot. What i'm asking is why the preview of E3D is so fast and clean, while the AE's preview is a mess. Is this normal and if it is then why? Notice that i didnt use any light or cc in the comp and everything you mention above is set correctly. I've rendered a test and the aliasing is there.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Element 3D Aliasing issue
by on Aug 24, 2015 at 9:07:08 am

No, that's not normal. When I turn on multisampling, the image in AE looks better than in Element preview.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved