ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Satellite images for Earth Zoom

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond MillerSatellite images for Earth Zoom
by on Aug 20, 2015 at 11:14:46 pm

I am creating an Earth Zoom animation and I am looking for a resource or website for the satellite images of the earth surface to zoom out from. Of course I immediately went to Google Earth for the images but I want to avoid the watermarks that appear on them. Does anyone know where I can get better clean, label-less Earth images?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Satellite images for Earth Zoom
by on Aug 21, 2015 at 5:05:51 am

Possibly USGS or NASA.
Note that NASA restricts how its images may be used; I am not sure about USGS.

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: Satellite images for Earth Zoom
by on Aug 21, 2015 at 6:23:12 am

I've used google earth and have first carefully cloned each jpeg to eliminate the mention of the source having de-activated the compass on the upper right side before beginning the screen capture. It's rather boring but it works rather well and doesn't show depending of the speed of your zoom in or can check the result here . I'm not a professional but the result is not too bad. I'm second video (Overture) I'll have to do the zoom again as I had a problem and at the end the picture is blurred independently of changes I want to make to the general sequence. Both videos are drafts of my project.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Satellite images for Earth Zoom
by on Aug 21, 2015 at 3:21:59 pm

I like to use GeoLayers. It has some great features and you have a nice selection of different maps to choose from. They do ask you put a small map attribution in the corner for most, but I think finding a good (and legal) map without a watermark or attribution can get pretty expensive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved