ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular burst

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl VisagieParticular burst
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 1:19:05 pm
Last Edited By Carl Visagie on Aug 17, 2015 at 1:21:04 pm

Im trying to make an effect similar to whats in the attached picture using particular.

I have made a comp,thats being used as the texture layer, with 57 logos in it all cropped to a 500x500 size with a set of sequenced layers all set to one frame. thats being used as the texture layer.

I have figured out how to get the particles to burst out and slow down/stop...

the issue im having is that I cant get the particles/sprites/polygons to :
A. only appear once (i dont want any duplicates)
B. particles go out to one side and spread out more from the birth point.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Particular burst
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 1:51:05 pm

You would probably have better luck just using 3D layers instead of a particle effect. You'd certainly have more control over their movements.

If you were working with hundreds of logos and precise motion wasn't a high priority a particle system would make great sense.

But it's less than 60 logos -- not all that tough to deal with in AE -- plus you need a very high degree of control in their motion. I don't think a particle system will do the job for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Particular burst
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 3:47:03 pm

Make your emitter directional and then mess with the directional spread to get the particles going in the direction you would like.

As to not getting duplicates. If you set them to come out sequentially, you should be okay. Just set your particles per second to be your number of icons multiplied by the frames per second of your comp divided by the number of frames you would like them to be emitting. That might work.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Particular burst
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 5:48:40 pm

"B. particles go out to one side..."

You can animate a light along the general route you want the particles to follow and set that as Motion Path.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved