ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE 2014 Configuration Error 5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mize
AE 2014 Configuration Error 5
on Aug 14, 2015 at 10:38:59 pm

Through unfortunate circumstances I inadvertently reinstalled Adobe Multimedia Pack 2014 over my existing programs. Now when I start AE, I get a dialogue box: Configuration Error 5. Then the program closes.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times with the same result. Can't find Configuration Error 5 on Adobe's Support pages.
Here's what I'm using:
MacBook Pro
3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHx DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
OS X 10.10.4
It was all good until the accidental install!
Any ideas will be most appreciated. Thanks,

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE 2014 Configuration Error 5
on Aug 14, 2015 at 10:49:37 pm

I suggest uninstalling AE one more time, running the Adobe Cleaner application and then installing AE again.

Sorry, but I don't have a link to the cleaner.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rob Mize
on Aug 14, 2015 at 11:56:46 pm

Hi, Dave... I should have mentioned that running the Adobe Cleaner was part of my process. Everything else seems to be working well; it's just AE giving me the Configuration Error. I would upgrade to 2015, except I'm well into a major project and am reluctant to change lanes at this point. However, considering where I am now... I'm not sure there's a reason not to. I'll get back into it tomorrow.
Thanks for the response, Dave

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Rob Mize
on Aug 15, 2015 at 4:30:50 pm

SITREP 081515 1124CDT
Upgraded the OS and installed AE 2015 and all seems to be good. Should be able to open the AE 2014 CC project and proceed forthwith. Would have liked to found the solution to the Configuration Error 5, but just don't have the time. I have to say... this experience leaves me even more leery about the Creative Cloud model.

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 16, 2015 at 3:53:24 pm

While other applications in Adobe's panoply of software appear to be flourishing on the cloud, e.g. Marketing Cloud, the Creative Cloud applications aren't living up to the marketing hype.

Most of the Creative Cloud software is pretty stinkin' old. Old code. Old software engineering concepts. Those responsible for the software are doing their level best to fix things, but right now the development teams are small, they're stretched thinly and they're fighting a losing battle. Without reinforcements from HQ, I don't see that changing in a hurry.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]