ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

transferring effects, settings, and layouts from project to project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapmantransferring effects, settings, and layouts from project to project
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 10:12:54 pm

Hi all-

I'm working on a long after effects project that has to be broken into smaller 20 second chunks for simplicities sake.

However, there are a lot of masks, effects, and things like that which I need to transfer from one project to another. How can I save

-Adjustment layers (which contain scripts I am using)
-Effects
-Masks and transform settings

from one project to another?

Thanks
Chapman

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: transferring effects, settings, and layouts from project to project
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 10:19:55 pm

I'd import the big project into a new project, then I'd delete the stuff I didn't need....

...and I'd be VERY careful doing so. Then save the new project.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: transferring effects, settings, and layouts from project to project
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 6:11:22 am

Yeah that's exactly how I do and I give to new sequence project a name with a digit always beginning by 0 so that explorer present me in the right increasing order
01 02 03 ....098 .In the name of the project to be saved I include the date written
like this 20150812 (yymmdd) again it enables a easy check in explorer.

Dave as a precaution before beginning the deletes first save the new project as a new one as it will automatically transfer you to the new one keeping the father project untouched. It so easy by mistake to forget to use save as instead of save in the process of the transfer.

Claude

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: transferring effects, settings, and layouts from project to project
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 3:31:33 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 13, 2015 at 3:31:55 pm

You're very correct! Save the project BEFORE you begin to delete things! I overlooked that. Sorry!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: transferring effects, settings, and layouts from project to project
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 3:56:10 pm

Gosh, I've just reviewed my message, I was really in a terrible mood when I wrote to make so many spelling and wording mistakes ! Shame on me. Hope anyway the ideas were understandable!

Claude

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]