ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color grading Atomos Ninja footage + green screen compositing workflow.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Pickering
Color grading Atomos Ninja footage + green screen compositing workflow.
on Aug 7, 2015 at 7:35:26 pm

Hi there,

I shot a small green screen project using a Canon C100 recording to QT ProRes on an Atomos Ninja 2. I used a Cinema profile since I was thinking it would be easiest to match with my other non green screen scenes (which were shot with Cinema profile). So, I need to color correct a little, color grade a lot, and remove the green screen.

What's the workflow I should use to ensure I'm always working with the best, least compressed files? I'm on a PC, so I hope it wasn't a mistake to shoot QT ProRes instead of DNxHD.

I would like to assemble the edit in Premiere Pro first, then work in AE, but if I have to skip Premiere pro all together, that's fine- it's not a lot of editing, but it's just easier to work with sound in Premiere. I'm using the latest CC.

Thank you for any guidance,

-Stephen

Return to posts index

Stephen Pickering
Re: Color grading Atomos Ninja footage + green screen compositing workflow.
on Aug 7, 2015 at 9:53:45 pm

Also, I should mention I would like to use Davinci Resolve for the final grading... which I guess is my biggest question about workflow. Usually I use Keylight in AE. but because I have recently started using a Cinema profile from the C100 I have started using Resolve as a last step for the coloring. But I've never used both Resolve and Keylight in the same project. Do I work as usually doing the keying in AE but simply keying a flatter, less saturated image?

Thank you,

Stephen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]