ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

tutorial on how to do this

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felbert John Gavintutorial on how to do this
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 1:09:32 pm

hello again.. anyone can please help me on how to achieve this effect on the video, i need the step by step process or the breakdown on how to achieve this effect

i know that he first recorded the clip where he dropped the food pack, then made a clip of dropping the already cooked food, but what i did not get was how did he manage to eat the food?

i've seen a similar video by zach king which is the "cooking pingpong balls for breakfast" clip, but the problem is he did not touch or eat the egg.. so can you please tell me on how did that person in the clip achieved to drop the food pack, transformed it into a cooked one and ate it..

thanks in advanced to those who will help.. :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: tutorial on how to do this
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 5:07:50 pm

That's just a cut using a locked-down camera and some masking. You'll notice the change takes in front of a computer monitor, which blocks the guy's body. The rest is masking.

Very simple, and fun to watch.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: tutorial on how to do this
by on Aug 9, 2015 at 10:24:11 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Aug 9, 2015 at 10:38:25 am

That's actually pretty clever.

Here's what I think he did:

The food was already on the plate when the main footage was shot, and he drops the package behind the table (on the chair, likely).

Then it was edited to remove the food at the beginning as well as to change the dropping package into the spaghetti.

Possibly another piece of footage with the spaghetti falling was used, which would have been done as the first shot so it lands in the same place, but you should also be able to do it by cutting out the spaghetti from a still image of it's beginning position on the plate and mesh warping it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved