ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dybamically linked text not so dynamic :-(

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David HonanDybamically linked text not so dynamic :-(
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 4:52:40 pm

Hi from blowing gale supposed to be summer York UK :-(

Ok for some time now Ive been struggling with the sluggish response and sometimes no response from compositions "Dynamically" linked to Abode premiere.

Right now for example I have some text build in After Effects and linked to Premiere. You can see how it goes... you discover you need to change the position of the text to line up with an artefact of the footage. But the damn changes dont get mirrored, everything stays stuck. As a horrendous time sucking work around Ive had to sometimes delete dynamically linked content and start again.

What am i doing wrong, I'm wasting so much time and am very keen to speed up my workflow. Below is an example of a problem I've got now:

Also another type of pain I get is all changes are ignored and the original version is stubbornly help onto despite any time suck work arounds!

If any one can give me any pointers as to get out of this workflow gridlock I'll be externally grateful. Will be able to reply to any queries Friday morning.

Grazie mille,
David

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Dybamically linked text not so dynamic :-(
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 5:30:26 pm

Since you don't say which version you're using, I can only guess that it's CC. Are you using the workflow shown in the dynamic link video on Adobe's help site?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/integration-after-effects.html

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

David HonanRe: Dybamically linked text not so dynamic :-(
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 9:43:34 pm

Hey thanks joe, yes your right I'm using cc 2015, will take a look at your link tomorrow :-)

Return to posts index

David HonanRe: Dybamically linked text not so dynamic :-(
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 4:44:11 pm

Thanks Joseph your suggestion worked. I was approaching this with the wrong work flow, now ive followed your tutorial suggestion, its working like a dream :-)

Grazie mille!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]