ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to achieve this tunnel effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trung Nguyen
How to achieve this tunnel effects?
on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:27:51 pm

I've been trying alot to figure the structure of this with no luck at all. Just for learning, any ideas how this is done without any 3rd-plugin? Been experimenting with the radio effect inside AE but this is far more complex.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How to achieve this tunnel effects?
on Aug 7, 2015 at 8:14:55 am

No plug-ins are necessary, but to get this effect you need to use 3D layers.
The round tunnel can be made with CC cylinder, the angular tunnels can be constructed from 3D planes, four planes for rectangular, six planes for hexagonal etc.
In all cases you'll need to precompose the animated audio visualization onto the 3D layer (whether plane or cylinder). The animation moves along the planes, the planes themselves are stationary.
A wide angle lens (15 mm) will give it depth like that seen in the template.

Return to posts index

Paul Esteves
on Aug 7, 2015 at 9:32:29 am

http://www.schoolofmotion.com/polar-coordinates-is-your-friend/ This tutorial may help you out.

Return to posts index

Trung Nguyen
on Aug 7, 2015 at 10:03:08 am

Thank you for the reply, the Polar Coordinate seem to be out of the question since it only do circle. Kannisto's method seem to work (havent test it yet) but i got another question. Notice the neon-like glowing effect in the video, it's reacting with the bass along its animation. Any ideas how to get that? Again, thanks you guys very much :D

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Aug 7, 2015 at 10:21:55 am

Although not apparent from the example, I would assume the graphics are generated as an audio spectrum. Not really all that familiar with that effect. My guess is that you would duplicate the layer and change settings so it outputs only the bass frequencies -- maybe a low pass filter on a copy of the audio? Then you can do two things with that: control the glow amount (use "audio to keyframes" on the bass frequencies), and render only the bass frequency graphs.

Then again, the video doesn't really show much motion in the graphs themselves, so probably not using animated audio spectrum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]