ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how do I seamlessly leave a walk cycle loop, making the character go from walking to pushing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Clarahow do I seamlessly leave a walk cycle loop, making the character go from walking to pushing
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:18:37 pm

I have a guy mowing the lawn. He walks really well using a composition time remapped to loop. Now I want him to run into an object, stop, and strain to push through it. I can use the same character and create another comp where he does all that, but is there a painless way to match him perfectly to where he was, mid-stride, in the walk cycle loop? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: how do I seamlessly leave a walk cycle loop, making the character go from walking to pushing
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 6:05:07 pm

Real guy or guy made of artwork?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt ClaraRe: how do I seamlessly leave a walk cycle loop, making the character go from walking to pushing
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 6:22:36 pm

Illustrator file, in layers, imported as a composition. So, vector art.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: how do I seamlessly leave a walk cycle loop, making the character go from walking to pushing
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 6:29:31 pm

Sorry, there's going to be pain involved. Especially the straining part. That's how it goes with character animation.

Okay, there would have been pain involved if it was a real guy doing the walk cycle, too... just a different sort of pain.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt ClaraRe: how do I seamlessly leave a walk cycle loop, making the character go from walking to pushing
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 11:49:26 am

Yeah, I've settled for creating a still image of where he is in the mowing composition, then duplicating the walk cycle composition, deleting all the key frames except the ones where he's in the same pose as he is in the mowing scene, then importing the still image to use as a background and then position the character so he exactly matches the location of the background of the mowing scene, and then beginning the animation process. All I wanted was an easy way to exactly capture pose and position into a new comp, but I couldn't figure out a way to do so.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]