ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Animations and Bezier Curves to CodeX for Developers (Objective+C)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan WorshamAnimations and Bezier Curves to CodeX for Developers (Objective+C)
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:41:29 pm

Hey so, I am doing motion design for an app start up. Our developers are in another country so its hard communicating with them.

I make prototypes for how I want the app to move in After Effects, then I send that to the developers for them to code. However, when I get the prototype the animations are wrong. All of the movements are Linear and unpolished. Most of my animations use Bezier Curves to define the movement.

I need to take exactly what I make in AE and give the developers the code so that the animations are the same. I am trying to translate the curve that after effects uses into something the developers can use. The Speed and Influence % means nothing to them. They use Objective+C.

If it helps, this is the website I was given to try to explain what they need:,.67,.83,.67

There are 4 numbers at the top the represent time and progress. I need to be able to find those numbers within after effects so I can give it to the developers.

If anyone has any insight, you would be helping me a lot.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Animations and Bezier Curves to CodeX for Developers (Objective+C)
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 9:17:50 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Aug 7, 2015 at 9:20:12 am

A roundabout solution, one that avoids the mathematical complexities of the problem, is baking in the keyframes, meaning generating a keyframe for every frame.

You can do this by adding the expression "value" to any property you want to, then selecting the property and choosing animation>keyframe assistant>convert expressions to keyframes.

You can then copy the keyframe information to a plain text file and send it to the programmers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved