ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reconnecting a lot of RAW files with After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remco de VriesReconnecting a lot of RAW files with After Effects
by on Jul 30, 2015 at 12:48:04 am

I just opened a project in which I was working a month ago.
I have made some disk changes in the mean while, so the project is no longer in the exact same location.
An example of the old location:
"/volumes/PROJECT DISC 3/LHS/MODULES/LOAD/DAY_1/sequence_00001.dng"
And now it is:
"/volumes/PROJECT DISC 4/LHS/MODULES/LOAD/DAY_1/sequence_00001.dng"
So it went from Project Disc 3 to Disc 4.

Now I can put the project back to the old disc, somehow I think the problem will not be solved, but I can try that. But then again, there should be an better solution, one that let'sme decide whatever changes I want to make to my DISCS and projects...
Like in Premiere, once you have pointed out to a new location, it rediscovers all other project files on that newer location too, because it has some smart thinking written in to the software. In After Effects I have to manually reconnect each and every file... After Effects doesn't reconnect autmotically, enfortunately, it has to be done manually for each file...

And the problem is a bit bigger. Cause when I now reconnect each RAW .dng file, it also has to be interpreted again with the RAW import settings. So after reconnecting, the RAW import settings dialogue pops up again. But I have spent hours and hours on this some time ago...!
I have imported approximately 35-40 raw files and I have made the settings individually for each file.
Where is all that data now? Did after effects not remember this?

I did not save the RAW settings for each raw file. I would think After Effects would remember my raw settings for me (it does, but appareantly it also forgets...). Anyway, this is getting to be quit a problem all together and I just can't imagine that this is the way it should function.

So hopefully I am missing some things here and someone out there can help me? Would be really great. What does Adobe think about this, how did they manufacture their softwares management in this.

Thanks in advance, Remco

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved