ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

White Dots in Black

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Tucker
White Dots in Black
on Jul 29, 2015 at 2:27:45 pm

Hello,

Brand new to posting on Creative Cow Forums. I am very excited and hope that I will be able to assist in any way I can down the line.

I have been having an issue with After Effects 3D.

Whenever I animate the camera in the composition, I get white dots, what looks like banding or artifacts, in the black areas. But when I animate the camera to move its position, I do not get this. I am just wanting to see if anyone else has come across this issue before. Perhaps it could be a system issue.

It reminds me of noise when you boost the ISO on a DSLR.

I will try to post a picture if I can.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: White Dots in Black
on Jul 29, 2015 at 4:02:04 pm

I've sometimes gotten artifacting similar to that when the graphics card's RAM capability is exceeded. Since I upgraded to an NVidia Quadro 4000 I haven't seen the problem, but most of the 3D I do now in AE is using Element in conjunction with 3DS Max.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Tucker
on Jul 29, 2015 at 6:20:28 pm

Thanks!

I will see if I have similar issues on a different system.

The card I am using is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 29, 2015 at 5:36:43 pm

And you can't discount the possibility that it's an AE bug, especially if you have AE CC 2015 AND you do not have the bug fixes that came out two days ago.

Bug fix... that's the good news. Now the disturbing news -- there's no ironclad guarantee that the bug fix actually fixes all the bugs, nor does not introduce new ones of its own.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrew Tucker
on Jul 29, 2015 at 6:21:44 pm

That is very true.

I am working on CS6 still but hope to be upgrading soon.

Thank you for you reply!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 29, 2015 at 6:34:42 pm

Two things to know if you're on CS6:

1) From now on, you won't be BUYING Adobe software, you'll be RENTING Adobe software. Should you ever decide to terminate the rental agreement, you won't be able to open the project files created in the new application after 90 days. The only way to preserve your work would be to backsave through all the versions (to which you'll have access) to CS6. Obviously, you'll lose all the features in the new software as you backsave.

2) The current version, CC 2015, has a very nasty feature in it -- it defaults to deleting previous versions of the software as it installs. So WATCH IT before decide to install! Be very, VERY careful!

Okay, you don't have to be careful, you can go to the Adobe Web site and reinstall all the old apps back to CS 6. But if you prefer NOT to jump through all those hoops, you can watch it as you install.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 29, 2015 at 6:48:07 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "And you can't discount the possibility that it's an AE bug, especially if you have AE CC 2015 AND you do not have the bug fixes that came out two days ago."

Likewise, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's a bug without investigating other options first. Ae, even CC 2015, does actually generally work!

Are you using the Classic 3D renderer or the ray-tracing renderer? Can you post a screenshot with your entire UI, not just the comp window? Or maybe a reduced project file so someone else can reproduce the issue?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]