ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

animate an illustrator under Ae

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
boris salhajianimate an illustrator under Ae
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 6:22:25 pm

I am looking to make an animation from an illustrator file. The aim is to bring to life a flat stylish jungle made of flowers and branches both made of lines. I want to lines grow up revealing flowers. So I import the Ai in my Ae project. I make a shape from this Ai and I use trim path animator to do this but there is a problem. While the flower is only made of lines, when is move the end parameter some big shapes connecting lines appears so during if I drag on the timeline I see lines growing up and sometimes a big shape apear...

Perhaps someone has an idea of how to perform this animation. (if the lines of the flower are not drawn all at the same time it would be even better)

an other thing once appeared flowers, I would like they undulate as if it was caressed by a breeze. Perhaps I plan to use a displacement effect but perhaps there is a better way to do this.

I post a picture of one flower...

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: animate an illustrator under Ae
by on Jul 29, 2015 at 9:46:56 am

For the flower I suggest separating the stems and animating them up, then scaling up the flower parts in the end from (near) zero to 100%.

Expressions that use CC Bend to bend the flowers might create a suitable undulating effect. You want to make the expressions take into account the position of the flower and perhaps use a sine curve so that they undulate in waves, not all individually out of sync.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved