ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem Splitting a Layer and Then arranging the new split layer with different in-out points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Boice
Problem Splitting a Layer and Then arranging the new split layer with different in-out points
on Jul 27, 2015 at 11:25:03 pm

This never happened in the past. But now has happened twice in a row between having my computer shutdown. So it appears it's a bug in After Effects CS6? The problem is, when I split a layer and then try to arrange the new split layer so that it uses different in-out points within the clip, when I try to play it back, the new split layer reverts back to the original in-out points. I know After Effects isn't supposed to be used as a Non-Linear Editor but I would hope it would be able to perform this very basic function properly.

Any idea what the problem is and if there's a viable solution??

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem Splitting a Layer and Then arranging the new split layer with different in-out points
on Jul 27, 2015 at 11:58:07 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 28, 2015 at 12:47:42 am

It might be the AE version. If you're not running AE 11.0.4, you should update it.

All updated? Try purging the caches. If your're on a Mac, it wouldn't hurt to repair permissions, either.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]