ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Environment with compositing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hunt3D Environment with compositing?
by on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:28:12 pm

Hi, I decided to learn after effects when I was fascinated by how movies are created via composting... Mostly in the design of futuristic interfaces like this:
Anyway, I do not have great camera equipment but I do not want this to limit my work in AE.

I want to create an environment with a white sort of gradient background like a studio with a stand and a glass pane in the middle which I can then composite screen graphics on in AE. The glass pane I would like to look like this:

And the white environment like this:

Like there is depth so one would think that the object is inside a 3D cube with white walls. Possibly with lighting too.

Then I would like to composite on this environment in AE possibly with camera movements too.

Could I achieve this in AE or should I look into other software's?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: 3D Environment with compositing?
by on Jul 25, 2015 at 9:51:55 am

Ae is a fine tool, especially if you're interested in the FUI design aspect.

You could do this entirely in Ae, but some of the scenic work especially will be easier in a 3D application like CINEMA 4D. If you have CC, you have C4D LITE and you can start there.

Since you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:

Even if you ultimately move onto other compositing packages like NUKE or Fusion, everything you learn now in Ae will benefit you.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved