ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

blood splatter on face of a person standing next to someone getting stabbed in the head.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ida Turesson
blood splatter on face of a person standing next to someone getting stabbed in the head.
on Jul 24, 2015 at 1:58:44 pm

Hi.
sorry for disturbing with such a simple question. I'm so new to Adobe after effects it ain't even funny lol.
As the subject reveales I need help with figuring out how to get blood sprayed on someone's face to stick to the face lol. Most tutorials feature blood splattering on walls. Do I use camera tracking somehow to get it to follow the Face? I've tried different thing. Anyone know of a good tutorial covering this or something Similar? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Paul Esteves
Re: blood splatter on face of a person standing next to someone getting stabbed in the head.
on Jul 24, 2015 at 5:50:00 pm

Can you not shoot the blood splattering on his face in real life? That'd be MUCH easier!

Otherwise, you'd have to do a camera track, use a displacement map (I think) so the blood shapes around his face. But I don't think it'll look too realistic.

Return to posts index

Ida Turesson
Re: blood splatter on face of a person standing next to someone getting stabbed in the head.
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:25:15 pm

thanks for ur input. yeah would be much easier to splatter the guy irl lol all ive got is a video already filmed and ive added fake blood splattering from the stabbing itself. just figured it be cool to splatter the stabber and wall as well lol. im not after the realistic look as its not a very serious clip. more of a comedy one. but for future references ill keep in mind its easier splattering the guy while filming haha. it just didnt cross my mind at the time lol. thanks for that input :-)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 24, 2015 at 6:05:45 pm

Use editing smarts to avoid fake-looking CGI. Use makeup effects to splatter blood on the guys face and cut from a shot without to a shot with right as he would get splattered.

However, if you must...
Tutorial 1 link
Tutorial 2 link

Although, if you're new to AE, you should really start here [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ida Turesson
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:27:04 pm

thanks. im getting very wise reading all the posts from kind ppl wanting to help. i like ur idea as well. and thank you soooo very much for the links! u made my day! thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 24, 2015 at 8:06:05 pm

Here's another vote for shooting this as a practical effect.

Yeah, it may involve several takes to get it right. But you will save BOATLOADS of time, effort and frustration trying to do it in post, and it probably wouldn't look anywhere near as convincing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ida Turesson
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:29:32 pm

i will have to try the practical effect type filming. everyone seem to think thats best. and easier. lol im all for shortcuts lol lol. thanks for ur reply and input :-D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]