ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CC2015 Audio Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Zecco
After Effects CC2015 Audio Issue
on Jul 23, 2015 at 6:37:31 pm

Good Afternoon Cow Community,

I'm working on a line drawing type video in After effects that has a voice over associated with it. When I bring in the file and do the audio preview (using numpad "0" or "."), the first 2 seconds or so of audio is cut off. The waveforms are there, and it's there in the export, but it won't preview it. I've tried moving it further in the timeline, and that fixes it for the very first preview, then it does it again. It's difficult to match up animations to sound you can't hear. I've never had this issue in CS6 or CC2014. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If not, how do I submit a bug report to adobe? Any help you can give would be great. Thank you!

Chris Zecco

P.S. Working currently on an HP Z230 workstation, but the same issue happens on both my MBP 2011, and Mac Pro 2012, so I don't believe that it's a hardware issue.

2012 Mac Pro
2x 2.4GHz Intel Xeon
24GB RAM
1GB ATI Radeon 5770

2011 Macbook Pro
2.4GHz i7
8GB RAM

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects CC2015 Audio Issue
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:18:17 pm

It's one of the MANY known bugs in AE CC 2015.

For now, stick with AE CC 2014. And since there are no guarantees that the upcoming bug fix will actually fix the bugs, you might want to wait for user reports on the update.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Zecco
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:19:34 pm

Thank's Dave. That's what I ended up doing. Luckily I wasn't too far along into the project before I brought my audio in.

Chris

2012 Mac Pro
2x 2.4GHz Intel Xeon
24GB RAM
1GB ATI Radeon 5770

2011 Macbook Pro
2.4GHz i7
8GB RAM

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:19:57 pm

This sounds like a bug fixed in the update scheduled for release early next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]