Blending Mode Challenge...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavin Murdoch
Blending Mode Challenge...
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:34:13 pm

Hi,

https://i1.creativecow.net/u/271898/blendingmodes.png

I have a bit of a challenge which I'm struggling to get my head around. Have a look at the linked image. It is made up of various overlapping circles. I would like to animate the circles which make up the image - perhaps adding a slow wiggle to each circle just to add some subtle movement to the overall image.

However as you can see quite a complex set of overlaps/ blending modes. Does anyone have any idea as to how to tackle this? It seems like it should be quite simple but it is causing me quite a bit of grief!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Blending Mode Challenge...
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:50:17 pm

What precisely do you want to wiggle? Position? Opacity? The circular shapes?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gavin Murdoch
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:52:26 pm

Should have mentioned that. I'm looking to add some subtle movement to the position of circular shapes which make up the overall image.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 21, 2015 at 4:00:26 pm

That helps. First thing to do: get the position wiggle the way you want it on the three circles you see right away and on the other circles that aren't as obvious.

Walk away from the animation. Go do something else for a couple of hours. Then look at the animation again. If it still looks good, then you've got.... well, Position Wiggle Lock, for lack of a better term.

Then you can start sorting through all the multiple copies of layers, all the track mattes and all the nested comps you'll need to get that look.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gavin Murdoch
on Jul 22, 2015 at 12:47:57 pm

Thanks for the advice. Makes sense. Looks like quite a bit of layer copying, alpha matting and pre-comping is on the menu....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]