ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking rapid motion in Mocha and/or AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex FoorkaloTracking rapid motion in Mocha and/or AE
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 9:52:48 am

I have been looking for this very simple topic for quite some time on all sorts of forums,but people just seem to omit it somehow.
Here's the thing:
1) I need to track rapid and chaotic object movement in my footage. I do not know a proper way to do this NOT using motion tracking from MOCHA/AE( frame by frame masking wont work because the footage is way too long for that). And then i also know my motion is too fast to be properly tracked on Mocha/ AE inbuilt standard tracker.
What i WOULD logically do is SLOW DOWN my footage in AE-then moove it to mocha and track the lower fps SLow MO footage which seems possible,and then just speed it back up.alas no-Mocha doesnt support slow motion import from AE.
Is there a way to import normal footage to mocha then apply some kind of slow motion effect INSIDE MOCHA, and then track it?
Is there a way to solve this problem in any other way?(additional programs/plugins)?( Without slowing in AE--exporting as a file-=importing to Mocha)
2) Very similiar situation,except for my footage object it TOO SMALL for it to be properly tracked in standard ways.
So basically how do i track zoomed in(out) footage in Mocha/AE?
Can i zoom footage in Mocha, track it, then resize back to normal with all of my tracking keyframes approproately resized?(same goes for my first example)
If i go the following path: zoom footage in AE-export as a file-import this file to MOcha-track that-export keyframes to AE,can i somehow resize the "zoomed" keyframes to fit original unzoomed footage in AE?
Is there any other (simpler) way to solve this task?
Though some of my examples might be lame, thanks for reading through a bunch of text!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Tracking rapid motion in Mocha and/or AE
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 4:31:40 pm

You could always change the frame rate in AE's Interpret Footage settings. If it's 59.94, cut the frame rate in half to 29.97.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alex FoorkaloRe: Tracking rapid motion in Mocha and/or AE
by on Jul 22, 2015 at 9:14:30 am

Thank you,Dave. Indeed, have never tried this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved