ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ram Preview Delay after upgrade

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael HeidRam Preview Delay after upgrade
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 11:40:18 am

I hope there's a simple solution to this, but since upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.4, there is now a 1sec delay on starting the ram preview. This happens on both CC 2014 and CC 2015.

To elaborate, when I hit the 0 on the number pad, it ram cashes, and then on preview, it doesn't start audio and video until a full second after the point where I initiated it on the timeline. I have to loop it to see the full preview.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Michael

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Ram Preview Delay after upgrade
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 3:08:42 pm

I am very surprised to see you say that this occurs on After Effects CC 2015 (13.5), too.

The problem was because of a bug in Mac OS that we worked around in the latest update to After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael HeidRe: Ram Preview Delay after upgrade
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 3:17:52 pm

I should revise that. In 2015 the Video does start properly, but the audio still has the delay. Also, just doing the period button creates a delay. I was able to solve that problem by deselecting "Mute Audio When Preview is Not real-time" in the Previews Preferences and also changing "preview favors" to length.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 15, 2015 at 5:22:01 pm

OK. That fits what I expected.

We're fixing the audio delay in an update due out in two weeks.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Steven J CaseyRe: Ram Preview Delay after upgrade
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:34:25 pm

Is this fix also for Windows machines? I came to the forum to look for this issue and see this reference to Mac, assume you know it happens 100% of the time on Windows as well. It's not a consistent delay, sometimes one second and sometimes several.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:41:31 pm

The audio delay and its fix are not specific to any OS.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Jul 28, 2015 at 6:44:29 am

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Michael HeidRe: Ram Preview Delay after upgrade
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 8:13:29 pm

Thanks Todd,
After day 1 working in the new AE,
the period button does work, but it no longer will advance the time marker if there is no audio. Sometimes it's helpful to hit period to advance your timeline in realtime so you can time things out without audio.

And while we're at it:
Guide layers don't work if an adjustment layer containing Posterize Time effect is above it.
There's some bug that happens when you hit space bar to manipulate a mask point position. (upon releasing the space bar/hand tool, it gets stuck)
Keyframes still "stick" to your mouse when you try to move them in the timeline.
Still no icon render bar.

I'll put in bug reports later this evening, but thought they were worth mentioning.

Thanks again,
Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]