ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Usman PirzadaCC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:02:30 pm

Hey guys, so I really need to use the Time Blend FX and recently updated to CC from CS6. But the Time Blend FX plugin is nowhere to be found. I can confirm that it is actually present in the plugins directory like its supposed to be - it just doesnt show up in CC? what gives/ :( I have tried changing color modes and refreshing the preference file so far....

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:23:12 pm

CycoreFX removed CC Time Blend and CC Time Blend FX from version 1.8.0, the version included in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5). See the notes at the end of this:

what’s new and changed in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Usman PirzadaRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 10:47:26 pm

Thank you for answering but why :( If they did that, why isn't there any substitute plugin?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Jul 14, 2015 at 7:50:28 pm

i wonder the same thing... they don't mention anything on their site, but you can email them: support@cycorefx.com

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Corrie ParksRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 2:24:05 am

Did you ever get an answer as to why this was deemed obsolete and if there is a substitute? I use this as well, for a very particular type of frame blending to replicate a staggered mix in under-the-camera animation. It saves a lot of work. I even had it highlighted in a tutorial in a book that is about to be published and now we have to go revise the manuscript.

I would definitely like to know if there is something equivalent.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 2:19:47 pm

Until Cycore responds, the good news is that, with Creative Cloud, you can install every version of AE back to CS6, so, if you really want CC Time Blend, you can load an older version and use it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Caleb McLaughlinRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 3:58:22 pm

Depending on your project, you might be able to use Echo instead. I'm using it for star trails in a pinch. Would rather have Time Blend, but this will work if you need a quick blend without opening another version of AE. You just have to get used to the Echo Operator terminology in place of the blend modes.

-----------------------------

Caleb

Return to posts index

Corrie ParksRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 4:09:49 am

Yeah, I've played around with Echo and with some of the other time effects. It just isn't as versatile. I hope they bring it back!

Return to posts index

Jens EnqvistRe: CC Time Blend FX not appearing in Adobe After Effects CC
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:57:24 pm

They are actually both included still but marked Obsolete which means they will not show up in the effect menu. If you open an old project with layers having the effects applied, they will however show up in the effects window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]