ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Move mask together with composition using transform points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raffaele GarofaloMove mask together with composition using transform points
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 8:57:41 am

Hi, I am working with After Effects CC 2015.
I have an .mp4 video which reproduce a 360 degrees rotation of an object. I need to cover a portion of the object, while the object is rotating, using a mask and show a different image inside this mask.
Because the object is a 3D object, while it rotates I must keep the proportions of the mask.

Right now I created a bezier shape using the pen tool and I transform the points of my bezier every 1 second using the transform points tool. Is this the best way to achieve such a result or is there any 'trick' that I can use so that After Effects keeps transforming the mask for me using proportions? The part that I am hiding has a remarkable black color while the rest of the 3D object is metallic.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Move mask together with composition using transform points
by on Jul 12, 2015 at 9:32:28 am

Roto bezier tool may make the task easier. It attempts to track the motion of the object.

Return to posts index

Raffaele GarofaloRe: Move mask together with composition using transform points
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:28:39 am

Hi, thank you, that's what I was looking for

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Move mask together with composition using transform points
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 12:14:24 pm

If the hole is black surrounded by metallic, AE's Rotobrush may work very well. You'll need to search for Rotobrush Resources on the Adobe web site for training, because you can't use it intuitively.

Once you have a hoe cut with Rotobrush, you'll then have fun moving the layer that fills the hole in synchronization with the rotating image. Good luck with that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Raffaele GarofaloRe: Move mask together with composition using transform points
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 3:09:08 pm

Hi Dave, today I tried a bit with Rotobrush and it works almost perfectly because the difference between the metallic frame and the black screen is very high. Now I have to move and distort the animation inside the display of the watch while the watch case rotates keeping the video size in perspective ... Not an easy task for sure :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]