ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dynamic Link puts footage in pre-comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannah SanderDynamic Link puts footage in pre-comps
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 5:11:15 pm

Hello all,

My conundrum: Every time I select footage in my Premiere Pro timeline and "replace with After Effects composition," each of my individual clips in AE gets put into a pre-comp.

This normally wouldn't be a problem, but for some odd reason I can't motion track these pre-comps. When I open the individual clip's comp, it's the full clip, without my trimmed cuts.

I haven't yet figured out a way to un-compose pre-comps in my main composition, so all that's left for me is to essentially take the full clips out of their pre-comps re-cut my footage in my linked comp. Frustrating.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/940485?start=0&tstart=0
I found this forum question from a few years ago that's my exact same issue, and the gentleman helping the poster made a video of his dynamic link process, the same as mine, and it worked beautifully, all the footage there.

I'm almost positive this wasn't an issue in CS6...is it just a CC thing?

I'm relatively new to After Effects, so I don't know if it's my workflow or if I have a wonky preference happening, but if anyone has any idea how to fix this, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Dynamic Link puts footage in pre-comps
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 5:45:56 pm

Oooh, Creative Clown.... uh, Cloud. Is it the brand-new CC 2015?

You might want to do this in CC 2014. CC 2015 is very buggy, and they haven't nailed down all the bugs yet.

Which means you may have to download CC 2014. Your Creative Cloud rental allows this.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hannah SanderRe: Dynamic Link puts footage in pre-comps
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 8:31:06 pm

Thank you for the response, Dave!

Yeah, it is indeed CC 2015. I'm positive this has happened to me before in 2014 as well, so perhaps I'll to test out CS6 and see if that's where it works.... curious. If this isn't a bug... what is Adobe thinking??

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Dynamic Link puts footage in pre-comps
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 11:09:25 pm

Considering the dates in that thread you linked to, it may be a very good thing indeed to use CS6. If you don't have it, you can get it!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yehoshua MalachiRe: Dynamic Link puts footage in pre-comps
by on Sep 23, 2015 at 5:18:41 pm
Last Edited By Yehoshua Malachi on Sep 23, 2015 at 5:33:44 pm

Did you try deselecting "Collapse Transform" for the appropriate PreComp? It's the one that looks like a little gear.

I am still using CC2014, and I have noticed if the footage in my Premiere sequence is "scaled to frame size" it will be PreComped by AE.

Hope that helps.

Yehoshua Malachi
HiMalachi.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]