ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

007 intro specific recreation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oleg Plachkov007 intro specific recreation
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 7:33:25 pm

We all now the 007 Gunbarrel sequence, Bond walks while being tracked by a gunbarrel suddenly shoots it, blood begins to fall down, the barrel shakes and moves back and forth and then it turns into a white circle which opens into the movie. I have the gunbarrel comp and I want to add a video after it (the GB Sequence is my intro). How do I achieve that the circle opens directly into the video? If needed footage will be provided.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 007 intro specific recreation
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:20:20 pm

Easy: animate a circle mask. Since this is an "intro", you'll have to do it for every new piece of video you want to use. There's no getting around that part of the process, because you can't make it automatic.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: 007 intro specific recreation
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 4:30:06 pm

Depending on how you work it you could also have the circle fade out to transparency or wipe out using either a shape layer+scale+alpha inverted track matte or a subtract circle mask+mask expansion over your precomp of your gun barrel sequence. Then just render it out as a .mov with a 32bit color space / RGB+A render settings, and lay that on top of your video sequence from your non-linear editor. Cheers.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved