ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render with Layer Options??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark AndrewsRender with Layer Options??
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 1:48:34 am

There are often times when i need to render a comp multiple times with only some text being changed between renders. For example I will render the same graphic with different tags - "in theaters june 19", "in theaters friday", "in theaters tomorrow" and "now in theaters".

Right now what i do is create one comp that has all the titles in different layers. Then duplicate the comp x number of times and turn on a different text layer in each of the duplicates. Add them all the the render que and go to lunch.

But is there an easier way? Does anyone know of a way to set up multiple renders of the same comp and toggle which layers will render each time? Maybe a script??

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: nder with Layer Options??
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 3:35:34 am

In a word, "no". That's just how. AE works.

Now, there's nothing stopping you from rendering the head of the spot separately from the tags. It's pretty easy. Assemble them in an NLE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark AndrewsRe: nder with Layer Options??
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 4:04:59 am

Ive never really considered taking it into an NLE before. I suppose it would save time in the end with the rendering also. In some instances I have other layers effecting the titles like particular or optical flares. But not always.

I'm currious to try and see what Premiere could do for me.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: nder with Layer Options??
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 2:54:04 pm

I'm not so sure if you need to duplicate the comp, if you render out to media encoder, it will save a temp project with your adjustments saved to it. So you can set it all up with just one comp and it will save a separate temp every time. I haven't tried that with 2015 yet, but it worked fine in cc2014

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved