ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can Adobe After Effects Achieve the following?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony SarnoCan Adobe After Effects Achieve the following?
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 11:20:50 pm

I am new to Adobe After Effects, and new to this forum. I am reaching out to the experts out there in the internet forum world.

What I would like to do is take a standard two page proposal (for selling a wind generator) in pdf, or image as I can change file format, and create an adobe after effects template that will essentially lay a generic audio track over the whole video, but more importantly will superimpose over the two pages circles, arrows, highlights, in the areas of the proposal that never change.

The template would be essentially made to drop in a pdf/image(s) proposal for another client, where I could export the video and send an internet link. The number of applications I could apply this to would be great, and could reduce much of the sales and project management side of things.

Can someone show me an example of this, or let me know if AAF is the right software to attack this with, or perhaps share your experience with me?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Can Adobe After Effects Achieve the following?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 3:38:48 am

How do you plan to play this video back? In AE, you start at the final xeliverable and work backwards. Odd, yes?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anthony SarnoRe: Can Adobe After Effects Achieve the following?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 4:39:22 am

I plan on paying the video back in mp4, so any standard media player, if that's what you're asking. It is odd that you're saying I start at the deliverable and work backwards. Like I said, ideally I'd like to save a template with the circles and arrows type overlay paths & transformations, then lay in on the bottom most layer a few (client specific) pages each displayed indivually with enough time for the audio and animations to work through the proposal. I could then use the same template for Tom, dick, john and Harry doe type situation. I just was looking to hear if this is possible, and see if anyone had advice or examples of like projects.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Can Adobe After Effects Achieve the following?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 5:08:21 pm

If all you're looking to do is swap out the underlying layer with a same-sized new layer, AE can do that with no problem.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved