ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Choosing correct Preset in Adobe After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tamara vekicChoosing correct Preset in Adobe After Effects
by on Jul 4, 2015 at 9:45:28 am

Hi, I need help choosing the correct Preset to start my animation project in After Effects CC 2015.

I am new to After Effects, but I am aiming to create a project which I can burn to a DVD for the wider community (so im not too sure what the .

I have absolutely no idea which Preset is best for this. I have looked at other posts on this website and came across NTSC and PAL.. Well, if it helps, I am in Australia and I think we primarily use PAL (if im not mistaken).

Anyway, your help would be greatly appreciated... This block in my creative road is so frustrating!:(

In addition, once a preset has been decided on, I have read that images in Illustrator must also be set to the same preset to achieve a crisp image when zooming in After Effects (obv. continuously rasterize will be on). Is this correct? I ask this because I currently also have an issue where i have created a character profile with layers in Illustrator which I have imported into After Effects and clicked continuously rasterize. However, even at zoom: 100% the image is not crisp. Please help!!!

Tamara C Vekic
Animator in Training!

Return to posts index

Paul EstevesRe: Choosing correct Preset in Adobe After Effects
by on Jul 5, 2015 at 10:48:55 am

You can use an HD preset and when burning a DVD it'll convert it to PAL for you. That way you have it in HD should you ever want it. However, if you just want to work in Pal you can.

PAL is usually 4x3, which means it is a square aspect ration (think old tv's). The dimensions would be 720x576. You can work in widescreen though (newer tv's aspect ratio 16:9). In AE though, In AE though, I'd use PAL D1/DV Square pixels or the wide screen equivalent. You'd usually use square pixels for computer generated effects (from what I've been able to understand).

If you search the forums you'll find many posts on your images not being crisp and what settings you need to change that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved