ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to mask green key cutout

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iason Arvanitakis
How to mask green key cutout
on Jul 4, 2015 at 12:52:33 am

Hi there. I am not really an after effects user but I was asked to do something as part of another project and I was wondering how that could happen.

My situation is this. I filmed a dancer improvising on a green screen. The concept is to key him out (which i did) and then put one video on the background playing and mask him with an other video to play on top. Basically the concept is water on water. So imagine on the background there is a video with waves playing and on the foreground it's him dancing. Only you see his silhouette and all his body is a different video of waves. If that makes any sense. As I mentioned I did the keying process and it looks good. I also put the waves in the background. But I haven't figured out how to mask his body moving. I did a little bit of research and tried doing a mask and then tracking it but it doesn't seem to be any good. I then saw rotoscoping but then I would have to go frame by frame as far as I understand. Or maybe rotoscoping isn't the way to go. I don't know that's why I am asking. So to sum it up - video on the background and his body masking a different video. Is there an easy or simple way I can follow?

thanks in advance ppl

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: How to mask green key cutout
on Jul 4, 2015 at 1:51:18 am

If you've keyed the dancer then you should be able to use that keyed footage as an alpha track matte for the wave footage. Look into track mattes in the documentation.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Iason Arvanitakis
on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:34:52 am

thanks man. Will look into it straight away.

Return to posts index

Iason Arvanitakis
on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:47:19 am

that was it indeed. thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]