ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

1280 footage files required to render composition "_Main" are missing ... !?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zol ganbold
1280 footage files required to render composition "_Main" are missing ... !?
on Jul 3, 2015 at 7:23:01 am

Hi everyone,

all the sudden this morning when i tried to run some quick render tests, AE gives me the surprise,

i dont have that much footage in my project, i tried cleaning disk cache & memory, only thing that i have changed in my computer is i updated my graphics card driver, i also tried restoring the old driver, but not much help, can someone explain me what the heck this is,

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 1280 footage files required to render composition "_Main" are missing ... !?
on Jul 3, 2015 at 11:29:33 am

Perhaps you accidentally removed or renamed a directory full of source files?

Type the word "missing" (without the quotes) in the Project panel search box. This will list every piece of footage that After Effects cannot locate. Note that individual layers inside a Photoshop or Illustrator file count as individual footage items, so just a couple of those could easily result in hundreds of missing items.

Select one, then press Ctrl+H (PC) to replace media. This will open a file browser where you can navigate to and select the media file. Once you connect one, Ae will reconnect the others if they're in the same relative path.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

zol ganbold
Re: 1280 footage files required to render composition "_Main" are missing ... !?
on Jul 3, 2015 at 1:56:41 pm
Last Edited By zol ganbold on Jul 3, 2015 at 2:10:51 pm

By typing "missing" in the search box nothing happens,

As far as i know AE reminds at program startup if some footage has been deleted from AE memorized folder, but AE starts without any warning, actually i would know even without warning if i have deleted something,

i tried to render the project in other version such as CC, but same warning pops up

i am still exploring to solve the problem

Return to posts index

zol ganbold
on Jul 3, 2015 at 2:33:34 pm
Last Edited By zol ganbold on Jul 3, 2015 at 2:34:34 pm

After messing up whit my computer couple of hours i've restarted the machine, and everything seems to be fine now,

i believe it had something to do with the graphics card driver update, i have changed some settings in AMD Radeon Catalyst Control Center in 3d settings > Anti Aliasing Mode > Multi sampling > Super sampling, but i believe, technically it shouldn't have something to do with the AE render engine, specially with the missing footage!?)

Still experienced some weird behavior!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]