ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to extend a comp timeline from the beginning rather than adding to the end

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell WynerHow to extend a comp timeline from the beginning rather than adding to the end
by on Jun 30, 2015 at 7:35:19 pm

I have a comp with many animated layers and markers. Now I want to add more time to the beginning of the timeline.

By default, when you change the comp settings to make it longer, it adds the frames to the end. I would like a way to add them to the beginning, so I don't have to manually move all my layers and markers after I extend the clip.

Is there a script or a trick to making this easy?

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to extend a comp timeline from the beginning rather than adding to the end
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 3:46:45 am

I don't know of a script that would do it, and that's what it would take. You'd have to do it using the method you fear.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Russell WynerRe: How to extend a comp timeline from the beginning rather than adding to the end
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 3:50:08 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "I don't know of a script that would do it, and that's what it would take. You'd have to do it using the method you fear."

Thank you, Dave. And thank you for answering nearly every post on this website. Your answers have helped me many times. You are the king of Cow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]