ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animate Water Spray

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Warren
Animate Water Spray
on Jun 30, 2015 at 3:37:28 pm

I work for a church and we are working on some new graphics for our next sermon series. I have a photoshop file of two water falls and there is a splatter effect on the image to give it a look like water spraying off of the waterfalls. I would like to animate these so that it's not so static (I have already animated the waterfalls and mist that are also on there).

I have searched forums and tutorials and haven't found anything. I've also played with CC Particle world and I still haven't been able to get a look that I like.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Animate Water Spray
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:00:42 pm

A particle system is probably the best way to get this effect. Can you post some screenshots of what you've done and what you're trying to achieve?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel Warren
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:18:01 pm
Last Edited By Daniel Warren on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:18:53 pm

This is what we have right now. I have a particle overlay on the water to make it look as if it is flowing and the mist at the bottom has a the cell patern effect on it to look as if it is misty. The white splatter is what I'm trying to animate. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for it to do. I want it to move around a bit so that it looks like it is spraying from the waterfalls.

I'm playing with different particle systems now to see if I can get something.

I'm also kind of new to after effects, so I may just be doing something wrong with the particle system...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:27:12 pm

You will probably have to remove the existing spray first to make a convincing composite.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]