ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Any tips to reach these colors?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milán MartonAny tips to reach these colors?
by on Jun 30, 2015 at 1:13:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new to After Effects, until now I've used Sony Vegas. There is a small problem, therefore I would have a question. How could I reach the below mentioned colors?

I've tried a lots of stuff, especially the combination of levels, curves, color finesse, shadow/highlight etc. but still nothing. I also used Selective color to boost the blue channel because of the sky, but it's just meh... Here is an album - - it contains my attempts. Any thoughts about what am I doing wrong or what should I do?

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Any tips to reach these colors?
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 6:40:36 pm

What should you do? Keep trying! Color grading is NOT an easy task, and the more you do it the better you get at it. You just need experience.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Any tips to reach these colors?
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 8:23:57 pm

Was your target SS captured from the same source as your start SS?

Because the target SS has brighter values on the clouds than on the building roof, while your Original has the opposite. So maybe you're having trouble because the base plate is not the sameGpu or capture device differences?). So unless you do some very specific color changes something will allways be off. I tried here and with global changes, the sky/clouds don't ever get identical, while the rest of the colors do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved