ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Displaying Problems AFTER AFFECTS cc 2015 (Primatte, Keylight)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alo Killer
Displaying Problems AFTER AFFECTS cc 2015 (Primatte, Keylight)
on Jun 29, 2015 at 4:07:34 pm

Hello,

I have a display problems with After Effects, when I use Primatte plugin, and select a range of colors, it displays a random colors in the images instead of hiding chosen colors, then I used keylight to test and be sure that is a problem , it hide the selected range, but it's Pixelated and it's not displayed as I see with other versions of After Effects, I had doubt if it's a problem with my Graphic card, I reinstall it with the classic version of its driver, and test (the problem persist) then I update all drivers of Intel graphics and Amd Ati, and the problem always persists , that's mean (i see) it's a bug from After effects and not from graphic card (I test with other programs like Fxhome Hitfilm and Sonyvegas and it works correctly without display problems).

PS: You can see demonstration images below.
Graphic cards Configuration:

==>AMD RADEON HD 6700 SERIES

gc1.jpg

And
==>Intel HD graphics 3000

gc2.jpg

==>Demonstration Images:

• With Primatte:

• 1/
    1.jpg

2/
    2.jpg

3/
    3.jpg

• With Keylight:

• 1/
    keylight1.jpg
    2/
    keylight2.jpg

PS:for clarification: I'm not trying to remove the sky , but I'm trying to use primatte or keylight without display problems (as i said with primatte it display random colors in random places without removing the selected approach colors, and a pixelled removing problems with keylight) I think that is a bug , beacause I know that this tools must work with solid colored backgrounds, and I used it for this task on an image with green screen and the same problem persist again, I just sent you this example with a complicated background just for demonstration to more understanding my problem.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    Re: Displaying Problems AFTER AFFECTS cc 2015 (Primatte, Keylight)
    on Jun 29, 2015 at 5:04:54 pm
    Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 29, 2015 at 6:40:53 pm

It's going to be VERY difficult to remove that sky with a color keyer. You won't be able to separate the land from the sky. Pieces of the land are the same color as the sky. You can't tell where the horizon is between sea and sky.

I would recommend that you use Rotobrush for this job. Even Rotobrush probably won't be able to tell where the sea-sky horizon is. You'll probably have some hand work to do on the horizon.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer
    KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alo Killer
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 1:00:02 am

Hello, thank you very much for your reply, but I said already that :
    PS:for clarification: I'm not trying to remove the sky , but I'm trying to use primatte or keylight without display problems (as i said with primatte it display random colors in random places without removing the selected approach colors, and a pixelled removing problems with keylight) I think that is a bug , beacause I know that this tools must work with solid colored backgrounds, and I used it for this task on an image with green screen and the same problem persist again, I just sent you this example with a complicated background just for demonstration to more understanding my problem.

Creativity is the second world of our life ;)

Return to posts index

Alo Killer
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 2:58:52 am

Hello, thank you very much for your reply, but I said already that :

ALWAYS, this is a demonstration video for my problem, you can see the different renders of keying problems (random colors or pixelled keying places in complicated images) and when I select a range of colors with primatte it masks another range instead of the selected range (choose the 1080p quality to see detaills ):

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 4:00:12 pm

You don't have any display problems. You told Keylight to make a certain color transparent. It did that. You now see the background color.

I think you need to learn how to use a color keyer.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Alo Killer
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 5:38:14 pm

Hello Sir , please concentrate on "what color I selected" !colors that I selected didn't be removed on video! it remove just another colors except for selected colors (you can replay the video and concentrate on what colors I selected to remove) , that's why I said that's a problem , and the second that it replace another "NOT SELECTED COLORS" with RANDOME COLORS ( Instead of replacing it with alpha).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:26:57 pm

That's incorrect.

In Keylight, you have selected white as the Screen Color, which is the color to remove and make transparent. Your comp shows only one layer, so you see through to the background color, which apparently is set to black. So where there once was white, you now see black.

Keylight (at least) is working as expected. I suspect Primatte works as expected as well.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Alo Killer
    on Jun 30, 2015 at 7:55:48 pm

Thank you sir for reply, Concerning Keylight and the choice of selected white color, maybe you are right , but with primatte I dont think it's right, because in the 3 exemples you see that I selected a range of approached colors , and Unfortunately it replace "another colors" by random colors instead of removing the selected colors. you can see this 2 image:
    1/ See the selected Range of colors:
    untitled.jpg

2/ here what's the result of Random Colors + Removed non-selected colors:
    untitled2.jpg

thank you in advance .

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
    on Jul 1, 2015 at 4:49:29 pm

Since Primatte is a third-party plugin, you may have to download an updated version for use in AE CC 2015.

If there is no update available, you may actually have to read the Primatte instructions to make sure you are using it properly.

Dave LaRonde
    Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Alo Killer
    on Jul 2, 2015 at 12:28:44 am

Yes sir I did , thank you , and I find some solutions for my problem

Return to posts index

Aaron de Azevedo
    on Nov 3, 2015 at 1:02:13 am

I believe I have a similar problem. The sampler simply isn't working. I select blue has the BG color and it selects orange. Then I clean BG and it just starts taking our random colors. I clean FG and it seems to be just selecting random colors.

Return to posts index

Alo Killer
    on Nov 8, 2015 at 12:22:35 pm

yessss that's it ! I have the same problem always ..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]