ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adjusting timing in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Qi Jun AngAdjusting timing in After Effects
by on Jun 28, 2015 at 7:52:11 pm

Hi, this is my first time and Im glad to be in this community!

Im adjusting the layers inside my after effects project to smoothen the transition in a video. In my project file, I pre-compose several layers as individual key scene for each individual segment of the video. This process is repeated and the main composition consist of several pre-comp layers within a same project file.

The timing within the pre-compose layers are smoothen out and planned properly. But when I dragged these pre-comp to the main composition, the timing seems off and the animation within these pre-comp layers suddenly become faster. I calculate the frame timing in pre-comp vs the frame timing in main composition. And indeed its faster.

I checked the composition setting of both pre-comps and main composition. same setting of 25fps 1080 hdtv. Do anyone know what went wrong and how can i even out the timing?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Adjusting timing in After Effects
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 4:01:30 am

If you've checked Comp Settings for both the precomps and main comp and they are identical then something else is amiss - source CODEC and possibly Expressions and/or effects are creating the issue for you. Do a double-check on these and if all fails, you may want to post your AEP for others to have a look-see.

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved