ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

*******Adobe After Effects CC 2015 Preview/Cache workflow *******

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Montgomery*******Adobe After Effects CC 2015 Preview/Cache workflow *******
by on Jun 28, 2015 at 12:42:03 pm

I am just reaching out to bring up the topic of managing the new Preview functionality as well as the Cache and all that it is now doing. AE rendering is starting to get very intelligent IMHO and it's requiring a bit more thought for the user.

Preview glitchynes; I have been finding some glitchyness while trying to manipulate AE and Preview. Slamming on the spacebar, which is what I've been using as my custom Preview setup hotkey, seems to keep things in order and avoid freezes. Just resetting the preview helps. Any ideas if I am doing something wrong? What exactly can I manipulate? The way Adobe talks about it, the user is in total control whether the renderer wants to work or not. How true is this really?

Cache management also seems to throw up too many warnings about filling up and not have needed space. Also, there appears to be a performance hit to having the cache fill up. Try it! Fill up your cache and try to use AE, then empty everything and use it. Big diff!

I know this is new software, albeit software that people have paid real money for. Just curious if anyone has any tips or ideas about using the new rendering tools.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: *******Adobe After Effects CC 2015 Preview/Cache workflow *******
by on Jun 29, 2015 at 4:03:52 am

If you have any specific issue, please post them, one at a time. Otherwise, this is the official blurb -

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: *******Adobe After Effects CC 2015 Preview/Cache workflow *******
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 6:41:45 am

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, with many fixes to previews:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved