ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for some guidance on "filling" a logo with words

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Sonberg
Looking for some guidance on "filling" a logo with words
on Jun 25, 2015 at 8:56:26 pm

OK, so I'm quite positive I need to do this in Particular, but just not real sure about how to go about it. I'd like about 10 different words to float upwards and gradually "fill" up a logo. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial that would set me on the right path?

Or if it's simple enough, just a brief explanation?

Thanks either way!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Looking for some guidance on "filling" a logo with words
on Jun 26, 2015 at 12:12:16 am

I don't think you need a particle system at all. It's only ten words. You'd have to make the words anyway for the particle system, so why not retain more control and just animate them by hand?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonberg
on Jun 26, 2015 at 12:18:58 am

So you're just saying to keyframe each word along a path and then repeat over and over to fill the logo? I was hoping to have this take about 30 seconds to achieve. It's to be used as a "non-intrusive" kind of a background during an event.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:39:33 pm

Yup, that's what I'm sayin'!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jun 26, 2015 at 7:21:08 pm

Is it 10 total? or 10 different, repeated as needed? Dave may have wrongly understood things.

If you'll want the logo to be filled with hundreds of words you should use a generator, like TC particular BUT remember that the words won't line up properly and will need to be croped by your logo boundaries.

So if you need proper placement for it to look nice, forget any automation and do it by hand.

As in how to do it with particular. What don't you know? how to randomly emmit the words? how to place them? How to make them move and stop? Can you be more specific?

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonberg
on Jun 26, 2015 at 8:55:27 pm

Soooo, here's what I came up with using Particular.

Floating Prayers

I just created 2 different Particular layers and used the "wind" to push the words in towards the logo. I really don't like how it's working, but I didn't know how else to funnel the words in towards the logo. I was originally thinking that I could use the logo as my emitter and then spread the particles out as they dropped down but I was having trouble figuring that out.

I would like to be able to zoom pretty close to the words at first to emphasize what they are and their meaning then gradually pull back to include the logo "fill-up". On the back side I'd like the words to empty out of the top of the logo and up and away.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]