ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Bend object into circle aecc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather HassBend object into circle aecc
by on Jun 23, 2015 at 10:25:23 pm

I am trying to bend a toothbrush which is a 2d object in ae, into a complete circle bristles on the inside. When I use the polar coordinates option at about 84% is what I want it to look like, but the animation needs to start as a plain toothbrush in the middle of the comp and bend into an enclosed circle. this seems simple enough but I can not make it work. Using polar coordinates makes the image get very large and cut off on the top of the comp before going to a circle that fits in the middle of the comp.

i simply want the toothbrush to fold or bend up into a circle, both ends touching at the top. cc cylinder doesnt give the beginning option of the toothbrush being undistorted and then morphing. it also bends the image on its side in 3d space which is not what i want.

any help out there? I have a deadline so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. this seems simple but i just cant figure it out!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Bend object into circle aecc
by on Jun 23, 2015 at 11:28:41 pm

try cc bend it.

you'll need to place the start point at the center of the toothbrush and the end point at the top, then drag the bend property to see if that will work for you.

if your toothbrush layer is not comp sized, or you are seeing it get cropped to the layer bounds, add grow bounds before cc bend it and increase the grow pixels value.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

Heather HassRe: Bend object into circle aecc
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 3:07:57 pm

Thankyou!!! Wow, I knew it had to be something simple. Worked perfectly. Whew.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved